This morning, I took my youngest on a mommy-daughter date. Just the two of us, sitting in the sunny and bright Northside Kitchen. A latte for myself and croissant with Nutella for Evie. I could have taken a photo to post of the chocolate mess that ensued but thought better of it (what if she detests a photo of herself covered in chocolate when she is 8 years old?). Although, I should say, it is quite entertaining to watch a 2-year-old try to get as much Nutella possible on a soft pastry good. She couldn't have been more happy with experience of eating and then going to wash her hands afterwards. Ah, simple things.
Here are 5 things that made me think, reconsider, laugh or gave me hope… in no particular order. Have a wonderful weekend!
1. More Than Pretty: Why Beauty Matters, By Tala C
2. How to Navigate a Career Switch, By Megan Cane
3. Making a Marriage Magically Tidy, By Helen Ellis
4. On Water... Polluted Water Popsicles, Posted on The Jealous Curator
5. Good News in a Time of Bad News?.... China, California sign a climate deal after Trump's Paris Accord exit.